At Office Environments, we're proud to represent Herman Miller as a Certified Dealer - not only because they're the leader in commercial furniture manufacturing, but also because of their commitment to designing a better world.
At Herman Miller, design-driven problem-solving is a practice, a philosophy, and a means by which we can improve the world. The Better World Report is a look at the efforts they make to have a positive impact on humanity. Their efforts fall into four broad categories—Strengthening Community, Inclusiveness and Diversity, Health and Well-being, and Earthright.
Results from their efforts have included:
- Gave back over $2 million to Herman Miller communities.
- Offered corporate matches of up to $3,000 for employee-driven fundraising events that meet guidelines
- Over 500 employees worldwide volunteered on one of our 12 employeeled Inclusiveness Resource Teams
- 85 percent of employees and their partners participated in wellness programs
- Healthcare costs fell 1.74 percent in 2016.
- Reduced injury rate from 2.2 to 1.66 per 100 employees; the industry average: 4.5
- 60 percent of our product lines were BIFMA level certified, with 54 percent being level 3 certified.
- Diverted more than 27,000 tons of product from landfill since rePurpose program’s 2009 launch
Read how Herman Miller is working to create stronger communities, a healthier and more inclusive workplace, and a greener planet in their Better World Report. For more information about Herman Miller's efforts and how Office Environments adopts these same principles, contact our team.