In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, we have put together a list of cleaning tips to ensure that your office furniture is properly disinfected. Whether you are working in the office or working remotely, these guidelines will help you to sanitize your workspace so you can #LookForwardToMonday (even from the comfort of your home).
Here are some basic cleaning tips for your office space during the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Suggested Non-abrasive Cleaner Soft Scrub Total All-Purpose Cleaner
- Dust frequently with a soft, damp, clean cloth or mild detergent solution. Avoid using chemical or abrasive cleaning compounds.
- To clean, use a glass cleaner formulated with ammonia. Apply a small amount to a soft dry cloth and wipe in the direction. of the grain. Dry with a soft cloth. Do not use furniture polish containing oil or silicone.
- Guardsman Anytime Clean and Polish Pledge Lemon Enhancing Polish
- Chrome - Use products for metallic surfaces. Do not use ammonia or chemical solvents. Apply with a clean soft cloth. After application, dry the surface with a separate clean soft cloth.
- Stainless Steel - Use products with Perchloroethylene or Vaseline Oil. Do not use abrasive or corrosive products. Apply the cleaning product directly on the stainless steel surface and wipe, using a clean soft cloth in the direction of the satin.
- Recommended cleaner - CIF Cream by Unilever
- Suggested Disinfectants - Quest Chemical Corporation 354 QD-64 Disinfectant 64:1, 3M Quat Disinfectant Cleaner No.5, Spartan Chemical Company Green Solutions Neutral Disinfectant Cleaner, Spartan Chemical Company Clean by Peroxy
- Alternative Disinfectants - Ecolab Micro Quat Quaternary Detergent Disinfectant, Virex II 128 One-step Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner and Deodorant, JohnsonDiversey Oxivir tb, Virox AHP 5 General Virucidal Cleaner Disinfectant, Virox Accel TB, Disinfecting Wipes including Clorox, Green Works, Sani-Cloth, Lysol, Oxivir, and CaviWipes.
- Note: Do not use disinfecting wipes containing bleach on textiles.
- To be Avoided - Bleach
The use of bleach may occur for infrequent disinfecting, but it is recommended to avoid its use because it corrodes metal, damages environmental surfaces, is inactivated by organic matter and is toxic. Products with a pH factor between 7 and 9 are suitable; a product with a pH of 10.5 or higher may damage the surface integrity.
From quality furnishings to installation, Office Environments creates innovative, well-designed workplaces that allow your organization to thrive. Drop by one of our locations in Alabama and Florida or visit www.officenvironments.com to learn more about us and how we can transform your workplace and you can Look Forward to Monday.